Due to the serious and growing concern of COVID-19, Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA)- Shuswap/Revelstoke branch is transitioning many of its programs and services to online and phone support to help mitigate any potential spread of infection in our community. We are doing this to protect the health of people we serve, staff, volunteers and the community we love.
It’s important to remain strong, we are a resilient community. We are rethinking how we can offer services to support health and well-being. The circumstances we are facing will not stop us from doing this, but it will change the way we do things for now. To contact our office to learn about how we are delivering services or have questions about how to support your mental health please call our main office line at 250-832-8477 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Crisis Line service continues to be in operation, which is provided by trained community volunteers and supportive staff 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-888-353-2273 (CARE).
It is important to educate ourselves and receive the correct information, we are encouraging people to connect with reliable information:
- The Public Health Agency of Canada’s (PHAC) page on COVID-19: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
- BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool: https://covid19.thrive.health/
- COVID-19 News & Events At Interior Health: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/covid-19/
- BC Ministry of Health: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-feature/coronavirus-covid-19
- BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) website: http://www.bccdc.ca/about/news-stories/stories/2020/information-on-novel-coronavirus
Call the Public Health Agency of Canada’s COVID-19 Information line: 1-833-784-4397
We are asking that we all to reach out and connect with our friends and neighbours via phone, texting, and social media platforms to be there for each other….. we need to keep our community connected.
We are in this together.
Dawn Dunlop, Executive Director