Strengthening Families Together is a free, 7-evening course providing information, skills and support for friends and families of people experiencing mental illness.
The goal of Strengthening Families Together is to provide resources and information on living with a mental illness and the mental health recovery process, in order to help you better understand and support close friends or family members.
You’ll learn about:
- The different types of mental illnesses
- Medications and treatments for mental illness
- The recovery process and daily life
- Understanding the mental health system
- How to cope with and support your loved one living with a mental illness
The Strengthening Families Together program is currently offered in Vernon in the spring and fall by the Mental Illness Family Support Centre. For more information or to sign up please call 250-260-3233.