Ride Don’t Hide –Shuswap-Revelstoke Rocks!
It is the Canadian Mental health Association’s 100th year as a national charity across Canada. CMHA rides were hosted in over 35 cities from BC to Newfoundland raising over 1.8 M collectively. Thousands of Canadian’s participated in bike rides for the purpose of bringing more awareness and ending stigma around mental health. Here in Salmon arm we had our biggest ride/walk ever with 234 people participating. We raised over $26,000 to continue to provide essential mental health programs to promote the mental health of everyone in our community. This means funding programs like Living Life to the Full and our new Wellness Centre for youth based out of Salmon Arm Secondary School. We want our youth to have access to health services including mental health so this generation of young people and generations to come can thrive in our community.
Mental health means feeling good about who you are, having balance in your life and in your thinking, and responding constructively to life’s highs and lows. Mental health can affect many areas of our lives: work, school, home life, relationships with others, sleep, appetite, energy levels, ability to think clearly, make decisions, physical health, life satisfaction and more…… Everyone should practice good mental health. It will help protect us from mental illness, and it can help us get the most of out of life. We all have mental health! So let’s celebrate and protect our mental health together!
A Big Thank-you to:
- All riders, walkers and volunteers who took part in the day
- for the warm-up
- All in our community who helped to promote the ride on their website, Facebook, entered a team, helped to fundraise or made a donation!
- MLA Greg Kyllo, Mayor Nancy Cooper and Cardio Connection
- The Observer , EZ Rock and Shuswap Event for promoting the ride
- Ambassador Level Sponsors – Sterling Land Wealth, Askew’s Foods, Hilltop Toyota, Nufloors Salmon Arm and Braby Motors
- Community Level Sponsors – Mill Tech Industries, SASCU and HUB Insurance
- Shoppers Drug Mart, Tim Horton’s, Skookum Cycle and Ski and Dynamic Path Acupressure – for their ongoing commitment to the ride
- Ranchero Deep Creek Fire Department (traffic control, riders safety and route sweeper)